Friday, March 14, 2008

Remembering Russell...

It has been 11 years ago today that my brother Russell was hit and killed on the highway leaving behind his little boy Jared who was only 1 years old at the time. Jared recently turned 12 years old and I know my brother would be so proud of the great kid he has become. Payton keeps asking when he can come over and play with him again-he is great even with the little cousins. We are lucky to have him come visit us 2-3 times a year from Canada where he lives now. I am so thankful for the Plan of Salvation-it has always given me such peace about the accident. Thank you so much to all of my friends that were there for me when it happened! It has always meant so much to me!

4 comments:

Shea said...

wow, i definitely remember that day. remember how we went to chris campbell's wedding reception not long after that happened?! i'm so grateful for the plan of salvation too--glad you have little jared to remember him by.

Michelle said...

Michelle - I remember hearing about this while I was living in Iowa. My mom called me and told me. I wished I could have been closer to be there for you.

Meredith said...

Michelle, I remember this time 11 years ago. It all seemed so senseless. I always admired you and your family's strength and thought about it often as we lost our mom. A year or so earlier was when my cousin was killed at the age of 15 in a car crash. I feel blessed to have the gospel in my life was we have to go through these difficult mortal moments.

Jill said...

That night is etched in my memory forever as I'm sure it is yours. Your family was so strong and inspirational during that difficult time-your mom was amazing! I'm glad Bob and I were home and were able to help in some small way. We love the DeGroffs!