I'm a bad mom. I totally forgot that it was St. Patrick's Day this morning (since Easter is so close this year, I have been thinking more about that holiday and spaced this one) and sent Payton to pre-school with a brown shirt on-there wasn't a spec of green on it. Luckily, Tiffany called me after she picked Payton and another little girl up to see if I forgot about St. Patrick's Day. Both of the other girls in the carpool were head to toe in green. I hurried and threw on a green shirt for him to wear and at least got him through pre-school without feeling left out. When he was gone, I decided that when he got home that we would make shamrock sugar cookies with green frosting-that would be fun right? Well, I basically burnt the first batch and sortof undercooked the 2nd batch-I must be having an off day (you'd realize how easy this would be to do if you had to use your basement oven like me-our upstairs oven is broken, but that is a different story). Tiffany brought over her girls to help us make the cookies. She was being a really fun mom and had made her girls green macaroni and cheese and green punch, etc. They told Payton when they came over that the Leprican had visited them for lunch! As I was making the cookies I heard Payton crying in his room. When I asked him what was wrong, he said that he was sad because the Leprican didn't bring him anything today! How sad! That's when I told him that I bet the Leprican would turn the icing green on the cookies...hopefully that made up a little bit for my lack of being clever and lack of being on top of it today. Overall, I think they ended up having a fun day. I hope the rest of you had a great St. Patrick's Day!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I'm a bad mom. I totally forgot that it was St. Patrick's Day this morning (since Easter is so close this year, I have been thinking more about that holiday and spaced this one) and sent Payton to pre-school with a brown shirt on-there wasn't a spec of green on it. Luckily, Tiffany called me after she picked Payton and another little girl up to see if I forgot about St. Patrick's Day. Both of the other girls in the carpool were head to toe in green. I hurried and threw on a green shirt for him to wear and at least got him through pre-school without feeling left out. When he was gone, I decided that when he got home that we would make shamrock sugar cookies with green frosting-that would be fun right? Well, I basically burnt the first batch and sortof undercooked the 2nd batch-I must be having an off day (you'd realize how easy this would be to do if you had to use your basement oven like me-our upstairs oven is broken, but that is a different story). Tiffany brought over her girls to help us make the cookies. She was being a really fun mom and had made her girls green macaroni and cheese and green punch, etc. They told Payton when they came over that the Leprican had visited them for lunch! As I was making the cookies I heard Payton crying in his room. When I asked him what was wrong, he said that he was sad because the Leprican didn't bring him anything today! How sad! That's when I told him that I bet the Leprican would turn the icing green on the cookies...hopefully that made up a little bit for my lack of being clever and lack of being on top of it today. Overall, I think they ended up having a fun day. I hope the rest of you had a great St. Patrick's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
1princessDon't feel too bad, I forgot about St. patties day, too. Last year I did a big treasure hunt left by the Lepricans and the green breakfast...the whole shebang. So Maya was really upset about it too. I told her it was because the Lepricans knew we were all sick and he would probably come tonight. so....we are celebrating tommorow :)
No news yet. :(
Post a Comment