Thursday, January 31, 2008

Week in Review

Payton has been sick all week and hasn't been sleeping very well. The other night he came into our room a couple of times telling us that he was hot. We finally put him back to bed and when Ben woke up in the morning he almost walked on Payton who was sleeping on the floor in the hallway. Here is how their conversation went:

Ben: "Payton, what are you doing sleeping in the hallway?"
Payton: "I'm so hot-I had to lay on the floor"
Ben: "How long have you been laying here?"
Payton: "Oh, I don't know, I guess a couple of weeks"

He says the funniest things sometimes!



He put some of his underwear on his head the other day and thought he was so funny-he wanted me to take a picture of him.











Parker is kindof a little stinker lately. He loves to torment Payton all day and they both constantly fight over the same toy all day-it doesn't really matter what it is-if one of the them has something, the other one wants it too (Parker especially loves his Lighting McQueen car and has to even take it with him to sleep at night). I've been asking him lately after he has been mean or hit Payton if he was naugty. This is our conversation:

Me: "Parker, are you being naugty/mean to Payton?"
Parker (in a very sassy voice): "Yes"
Me: "Why are you being naugty?"
Parker (still in a very sassy voice): "Cause"
Me: "Parker, you need to be nice"
Parker: "No!"
Me (more stern): "Parker, you need to say sorry to Payton"
Parker (finally giving up): "Ok, and give kisses and hugs too"

I'm not sure what to do with him-he will be such a stinker one minute and then such a sweetie the next!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

That is so sweet, and sad...I know there have been times we have been so frustrated with Caroline waking up in the middle of the night...only to figure out she had a screaming high fever or something! And the undies hat? That is classic!

Jenny said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of boys! They torment eachother all day long!

Amy's Adventures! said...

They are so cute!! I miss not seeing them everyweek!! But not so much that I want you to go back to work! And that Parker is such a stinker but i still love him. and Payton is just the sweetest little boy ever i just love him!!

Emily Brimhall said...

I'm so glad to hear you have a little sasso-frass at your house too. Sometimes I want to get so mad but end up laughing.