Friday, January 11, 2008

10 Year Anniversary!!!

Wow! I cannot believe that it has been 10 years already! (I am a little bit late in posting this...our anniversary was December 31st!) Ben bought me a beautiful necklace-thanks babe! I am so happy that you decided to marry me! It has been the best 10 years of my life! I love you!


Look at these pictures of us! We look so young...well at least Ben does! I remember people coming to our reception saying that they were glad that he looked a bit older in real life-they said that it looked like I was marrying a 14 year old! The day we got married was SO cold! It was 18 degrees outside and I insisted that I wear a dress with short sleeves! I had gotten a really bad haircut about a couple of months before our engagement pictures were taken, and it still hadn't grown out very much by the time this was taken. Speaking of hair...doesn't Ben have great hair in these pictures? I just wish that he would stop shaving it every few weeks...only balding men need to do that! He keeps saying that it is just "so much easier". Try being a girl for a week! We are the ones that really have the hard work!



Funny engagement story: Ben hadn't told his parents how seriously we were dating, so when we went up to his parents house to tell them that we had decided to get married, I was really nervous! He decided to go and talk to them while I waited downstairs talking with his sisters (they had no idea either). After a while, Ben came downstairs looking pretty concerned and I asked him how it went and he said, "Well, they are pretty upset-they want to talk to you!" WHAT!?!?!? I was kindof freaking out. He tells this to me as he is dragging me up the stairs into their room. He basically pushes me in their room and closes the door behind me leaving me in their by myself with his parents!!! I look over at his mom and she had her back to the wall and was crying and wouldn't even look at me, and his dad was sitting on his bed looking very stern. I was about to die! I should have run out of the room at this point. Anyways, his dad tells me to come over and sit next to him on his bed. He says, "Ben tells me that you both want to get married...I say yes very sheepishly...at this point, I am kindof re-thinking it! JK! Anyways, he says, "Do you love him, etc, etc?" I reply yes again...He then proceeds to ask me several questions such as, "How do you feel about food storage/canning?" and, "Are your ancestors pioneers?" to this I finally feel like I have a good answer and I say YES! and he proceeds to say, "In what year did they come to the Salt Lake Valley?" I had no idea! I was trying to tell them that I could find out, etc, etc and I was about to cry and was shaking so hard when Ben bursts through the door into their room totally laughing his guts out! I was so confused! His dad starts laughing so hard and his mom finally turns around from crying to the wall and wasn't really crying! She was shaking so hard because she was laughing the whole time! WHAT! It took me a few minutes to realize that it was all a joke and that Ben made them do it! What a tease! I should have realized then that this was a prelude to the rest of my life with him!

9 comments:

Meredith said...

That story is so funny! What a crack up! it is fun to see you from ten years ago - I remember so many late nights and oversleeping for a 4am shift - probably more me than you! (I guess we were both day shift when we both got engaged and married but that picture jogs my memory...)

Kellie said...

That is such a great story!

Jenny said...

That is so mean, Ben. But I'm not surprised!

Molly said...

That story is hillarious! I totally remember when you guys looked like that! Andy's parents didn't even know he was dating anyone when we got engaged, that was a little awkward too!

Emily Brimhall said...

what fun in laws to have some humor and go along with Ben. I can't believe how young you two look!

Shea said...

I'll never forget when I knew you were getting married, and leaving me as a friend :) haha. I'm glad you married such a good husband. I can't believe it's already been 10 yrs!

Jodi said...

What a hot couple! Hey I need to get your email. Leeandra is having a "Richmond Reunion" this saturday and she wanted to invite you, Martie and Tara.

Shane and Tara said...

HAHA i can just picture you... you do so well under pressure..lol

Anonymous said...

LOL I Love these pics! It reminded me of the night I met you and Brit. I will never forget that you two were lost on University Parkway in orem!!! Congrats on your Anniversary. Time flies when you are having fun!