Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

Me, Mandi and Elizabeth all woke up at 4am to go shopping on Black Friday. I usually don't go because it is always so crazy, but this year we thought it would be fun to go together. We started off at ShopKo. It was freezing outside as we waited in line for the store to open. At 5am the store opened and all of these people that weren't in line rushed into the store. Me and Mandi were so mad so we started running too because we wanted to make sure that we got this roboreptile thing that was a door buster. We each went a different direction to try to find it and ended up with like 8 roboreptiles! They were normally $100 and we got them for $30! What a deal! We didn't have any shopping carts though, so we had to guard them while Elizabeth searched the store for carts. We ended up giving a couple of them away to some sad mom's that couldn't find them before they were gone, so that made us feel good! It was a pretty crazy morning! We hit about 7 other stores and then went to breakfast/lunch at 11:30 at the Cracker Barrell. It was so hilarious to see Elizabeths van. We could barely fit in there. Mandy couldn't even put her legs on the ground! It was so packed with presents. The funniest part about this is I didn't even realize that I wanted most of the stuff that I bought until I was there-everything was just such a great deal that I couldn't pass it up! No wonder the stores do door busters-they just need to get you there, then you go crazy!



We finally had some pictures taken of our Blair Armstrong family-with this many people, it is hard to get everyone looking good at the same time, but for the most part, it turned out good!





All of the little cousins playing together before dinner!





We decided to make donuts on Wednesday night with the boys. They loved to help roll out the dough and cut out the centers for the donuts! I helped out by putting the glaze on the donuts after they were cooked-basically Ben did all the hard work!

5 comments:

Jared Heal said...

Michelle, way cute pictures. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Meredith said...

What a great time spent shopping...It was cold here, I can imagine how cold it was for you!!! Molly when to Kohl's for the 4am specials and I decided there was only one thing I wanted so she got it for me. She was so nice! I didn't leave until 6:30 - I guess I am a wuss! Your Thanksgiving looks fun...better than ours. Which really stinks because I have such great Thanksgiving memories. This one, the memories need to be burned.

Anonymous said...

Michelle - looks like fun, I had to skip Black Friday this year - the first in about 7 years, I was bummed! Sounds like you got a lot of good stuff!

Jill said...

Hey Michelle...I just found your blog yesterday and Will was so excited to see Payton and Parker..."hey, that's Payton" and when he saw them making donuts inside your house, he was excited to know what the inside of your house looks like...go figure :D.

Emily Brimhall said...

black friday? your brave. Sounds like you got a loot though. Cameron wants one of thos robo thingies too. I'll probably end up paying full price for it. cute family