Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's Official...

It's official...I quit my job as a real estate agent for Richmond American Homes today. I cannot believe it! I've been in the real estate business for the past 4 1/2 years and I have ALWAYS had a job it seems-sometime 2 or 3 at a time. I have loved selling real estate and helping people build their 1st, 2nd or dream home. I had been thinking that I would be leaving in the next few months or so, and then my model home partner, Martie, quit this weekend and I decided it was a good time to leave also! It still feels so weird! It was actually quite spontaneous! My broker and manager were quite shocked-I am as well that I actually did it! They were really great to me and even gave me an additional day to think about it to make sure that I had made the right decision. It will be so nice to finally be able to stay at home with my boys-especially for the holidays! They are only little once so even though it feels a bit crazy right now, I am sure that I have made the right decision for our family. I will still be selling real estate, but on more of a part time basis. So if anyone is looking for a new home-just let me know! I am excited to start my new adventure with my family!

13 comments:

Jill said...

Good for you Michelle! You are going to be so happy and you wont believe how you ever worked for so long! Although, truth be told, there will be days you'd love to go to work:D. Hhappy day for you-congratulations (I know your mom is happy:D)

Kristi F. said...

That is so crazy! We were talking about it, but I thought that it was months down the road. Good for you! That is sooo great that you can be home with your kids now!

Jared Heal said...

Michelle I'm so happy for you. You will love staying home. We have to get the boys together to play soon.

Meredith said...

Michelle, I don't have a single friend who has ever made that decision who regretted it. But, I am sure it will be so hard for you because you have always worked SO MUCH!!! But, enjoy the time with your little guys.

Kellie said...

That is great news. Now you'll find that you have time for more things but will be busier than ever!

Tiffany said...

I couldn't be more thrilled... I'll halp you adjust, don't worry ;)

Sommer said...

Good job! I am so proud of you. You will be so happy to be at home for the holidays.

Shea said...

YAHOO! It's probably the first time you've been "jobless" since you were 14. Am I right?

Jenny said...

Yay! Now we can all play more!

Michelle said...

It still feels so crazy!!! My first job was a paper route that I started doing when I was 8 years old and I did that until 8th grade and then in 9th grade I got my first real job...it is going to be so wierd for a while I think! But it should be great!

Shane and Tara said...

You need to follow up this post with the one that says Just Kidding I un-quit!! lol!!
Good luck, I am so jealous, your boys deserve sometime with their mama!!

Hema and Becky said...

Michelle- This is Becky Katoa (Hawkins. I stumbled accross your blog on accident, but loved seeing what your family is doing.
your boys are so handsome! Check out my family at katoafamily.blogsot.com I have links to all my siblings blogs too! By the way...isn't being a mom the best job ever!!! say hello to your parents and family for me!

Jodi said...

Good for you Michelle! Now that we will both be stay at home mammas we need to get together (before I go crazy LOL!!!)