Thursday, December 20, 2007

Gingerbread House???

We decided to make a gingerbread house for FHE on Monday night...needless to say, I definitely shouldn't do this for a living. I don't know if it is because Ben cut the hole in the icing bag too big or what, but I ran out of icing half way through it and it was coming out in huge gobs. I kept thinking...what am I doing wrong? I have seen other peoples gingerbread houses and they are so cute, but mine is a huge mess of icing! Oh well, the kids had a lot of fun putting the candy on and I guess it doesn't matter what it really looks like anyways! Just don't look at the sides or the back of it...they didn't get any icing!

6 comments:

Shea said...

I think it looks good!

Meredith said...

The most important thing is having fun - we had a blast doing ours!! It is cute and the boys look like they are having a great time. Cute picture collage by the way!! ;)

Jill said...

Michelle, they look darling! Having fun is the most important part. (From the looks of things, Ben did cut too big a hole in the icing bag. I did the same thing too. We transferred the icing to a ziplock and cut a smaller hole). And how cute is Parker in those glasses!

Jared Heal said...

Michelle, The house looks great. Parker is so dang cute in his glasses.

Molly said...

The house is cute! Don't feel bad about the icing, I had similar issues with ours and gave up on the icing all together. Some of us just arne't the best gingerbread house makers but at least you all had a great time, that's what counts, right!

Amy's Adventures! said...

Michelle you guys did such a good job on the gingerbread house!! it looks a lot better than mine did:)