A couple of Sundays ago, our Home Teachers came to Home Teach us. Brother Thacker told us earlier that morning he went to a Stake Leadership Meeting. There was a man there that gave a talk that had at one time been a Mission President. He said that while he was the Mission President, he had one missionary that had a severe stuttering problem. He was having problems teaching families because no one could understand him, etc. This went on for months. The Mission President then decided that maybe it would help him if he made him the district leader in his district. It didn't...and it was so hard to watch him struggle with the stuttering. He stuttered on every word. At a zone conference the Mission President was watching this missionary trying to give a talk and he just wished in his heart that there was something that he could do for him. He suddenly got the impression that he should give him a blessing and heal him. He instantly shrugged it off and thought to himself, that of course he would love to heal him. He again got the impression that he should heal him and with it the words came to his mind, "he has suffered enough, you need to heal him." After the meeting was over, the Mission President went up to this missionary and said to him, "I want to give you a blessing and heal you." The missionary agreed and had the blessing and was healed. He hasn't stuttered since.
Brother Thacker afterwords told us that he thought of Ben when he was listening to this story. We all have trials in this lifetime and we don't always know why, but we can get through them. Ben has had a really tough year with Migraines...he has had one almost every single day. It seems like the Migraine surgery that he had in Jan 2009 has made him even worse, which I didn't think was possible. He has had to be in bed most days and I just feel so bad for him.
This story made a big impact on Payton. The following day on Monday, we were just about to eat dinner and I had Payton say the blessing on the food. In the blessing he blessed that daddy's head would feel better soon (both boys pray for this in almost every prayer they say). When he was done he told me that he thought we should heal Daddy the same way that missionary was healed. I told him that I thought that was a great idea. He jumped down from his chair and told me that he was going to do it right now. I said okay, go and tell Dad. He started for our bedroom and then turned around and with an outstreched arm asked me, "Mom, do I use one hand or two?" It touched my heart so much to think that he was so sure that he could heal him and that he was going to go and give him a blessing. I just love that boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
What a touching story. Thanks for sharing it with us :)
I am in tears reading this. Thanks so much for sharing!
Sweet story - your little boys are so adorable, faithful, and full of fun.
Wow, you made me cry.
Post a Comment