Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tanner is home!


We finally brought Tanner home on Monday November 17th after 3 weeks and 2 days at the NICU. Unfortunately Parker was sick with a bad cold so we had to send both him and Payton to Ben's parents house. I felt really bad since they hadn't been able to see Tanner yet except for a brief moment the first day at the hospital (we couldn't bring them into the NICU). We were super excited to see their reaction when they finally came home a couple of days later. They had been asking about him a lot and I was certain that they would be so excited. But, since Payton had already missed a couple of days of school and his friends were meeting to go to school right when he got home, all he could think about was going to school. It definitely wasn't the moment that I had been thinking it was going to be. Things have been much better since then and they are both in love with Tanner. Actually the very next day, Payton even asked to stay home from school so that he could be with the baby (that was HUGE for him since he absolutely LOVES school). Every free minute Payton is in looking at the baby. Parker is doing really good and doesn't seem to jealous so far. He always says, "he is SO cute". They love to hold him and help feed him. Tanner is a really good baby so far. Everyone thinks he looks like Parker, and I am constantly calling him Parker as well. If only he would eat better...oh well. I think I'm in love....







11 comments:

Sara said...

Michelle, I'm so excited for you! I need to come visit and he is beautiful, glad things are going well.

Jen and Kent said...

What an absolutely adorable baby!! We are thrilled that he is home and that the boys are adjusting well. Congrats!

Meredith said...

Such a sweet brood of boys you have there. Care for any arranged marriages? I have 3 eligible ladies!

Carrie said...

What a beautiful family. You look amazing, Michelle!

Carrie said...

Awww... he's so cute!! Hope you are doing well :)

Jenny said...

Oohhh, I just want to eat him!

Shari said...

Michelle, He is so precious-I am so happy he is home with your family. I can't wait o meet him (I will be there the week after Christmas) Hope all is well-see you soon

The Hendricks Family said...

I love the pictures Tanner is so darling. I can't wait to see him. I am glad that the boys are loving having a baby brother. I am so glad that you are home and that Tanner is doing well.

Michelle said...

Yaay!! I'm so happy he's home! He is sooo adorable!! Congrats!!!

Monica said...

He is so adorable!!! I am so happy for you. That is so cute to hear how your boys love him too. You have a beautiful family. I would love to come see him in person! Hopefully sometime soon!
Monica
P.S. I love his name too!

Jenny said...

Ohe he is so adorable! Congrats, I am so glad he is home and happy!