Thursday, December 4, 2008

School 2008


Wow, I am way behind on my blog, but since I want to print this out someday, I figured I better try to catch up!
I had just found out about a week before school started that Payton was going to have to get glasses-his eyes are actually worse than Parker's. I feel very blessed to have found this out since I really didn't think he had a problem. I had decided to take Parker in to the eye doctors to make sure his prescription hadn't changed before I bought him some new glasses and since I had insurance for Payton as well, I thought I might as well get his checked out. Payton was SO upset that we was going to have to wear glasses. We weren't going to have the new glasses though until after the first week of school had already started. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal since Parker has glasses and his good friend Austin has glasses. Well, he didn't want anything to do with them. Luckily he has great friends and cousins that told him how cool he looked and that they wished they had glasses too. The picture of him on his scooter was the first day he wore them to Kindergarten. Things have been going great ever since and now he thinks that they are really great! He even said the other day that he hopes Tanner is lucky and gets to wear glasses too! Wow! We have come a long way! These other pictures are from the first day of school for both of them! Payton's teacher is Ms. Robbins and Parker's teacher is Mrs. Tanya. I was really worried about Parker going to preschool this year, not because he would be nervous, or that he wasn't ready or anything like that. I felt like he was ready in every way (and probably could have gone last year even-he really wanted to and would cry every time I dropped Payton off at preschool because he couldn't go), except that he wasn't potty trained! He absolutely would not go poop in the potty! I had tried everything and he was so scared! I was so worried that he was going to poop in his pants (he is VERY regular) and that they would kick him out of preschool. So everytime I took him to preschool I would say, "Parker don't poop in your pants, or Mrs. Tanya will be mad." He always said OKAY or I KNOW! And then every time I picked him up he would say, "Mom, I didn't poop in my pants!" (loud enough for everyone to hear). Luckily, the dreaded deed never happened, but, he still wouldn't go poop in the potty. I am happy to say that within the last 2 weeks, it has finally happened! He is FINALLY potty trained! He finally got over being scared (I won't mentioned how we got that to happen) and he is doing great!!! It's about time!



































































5 comments:

Michelle said...

What handsome boys!!

Meredith said...

I bet it will be really fun yo tell him "remember when I would pick you up from preschool and you would say really loud 'I didn't poop in my pants!!' and everyone could hear you!" How funny. Lindsay was afraid to poop in the potty too. It happens...

Sara said...

Your boys are so cute Michelle, I can't stand it!

Jenny said...

I am glad that our boys can grow up together and wear glasses together!

Jenny said...

Such cutie pies!!