Monday, June 23, 2008

Payton's First Fishing Trip

Payton went on his very first fishing trip (I guess I should say real fishing trip-Payton and Parker have LOVED going to this great fish hatchery in South Ogden every 4th of July-they catch a ton of fish there!) with Ben and friends Scott Jeppson and his son Carter. They went to Strawberry Reservoir and it was super cold (I am posting this a bit late-they went last month). Ben bundled Payton up so much on the boat that he said he looked like the boy on the movie A Christmas Story. Payton caught the only fish of the day! He was pretty sad that he couldn't bring it home to eat though because it was the wrong size-it was about 15" (he read a Thomas the Train book recently where Thomas went fishing and brought the fish home for supper and since then has thought that it was a great idea). He and Carter are best buds and had a great time!

Here are some funny things Payton has said lately:

We had some milk that had just expired last week when he drank it. Obviously he thought that it was super gross, so I told him that it had expired. The last couple of days when he has asked for some milk he said, "I don't want spidered milk."

Payton LOVES it when Ben tickles his back before he falls asleep in bed and loves to have Ben sing him a song while he does it. The other day he said he wanted Ben to sing "geeme guyme". Ben couldn't figure out what he was talking about until Payton started singing it for him. Payton didn't realize that the song actually says "Lead me Guide me".






















1 comment:

Megan said...

I can't believe how big Payton is getting! He is SO CUTE!!!