Thursday, June 12, 2008

IT'S A....

I went and had an ultrasound on Tuesday afternoon. I was SO nervous! I really, really wanted it to be a GIRL and I was worried that it might be another BOY. As the ultrasound technician checked everything out, I was SO jumpy! When she told me that we were going to look at the gender I immediately thought that everything I saw was a boy. She then told me that she didn't even know yet. But then I saw IT...there is no doubt about it folks, I am having another BOY. It has taken me a couple of days to post this because I am still coming to terms with the idea of NEVER, EVER having a GIRL. I am definitely going to have to redo the nursery because I am so tired of it after my 2 boys.

I am trying to get excited about the idea of it. I guess I just thought that every person deserves to have a girl-at least one. I know that I will love this baby boy, but since it is my last baby it is hard to know that this was my last chance for a girl. I'm mourning the loss of a baby girl I will never have. Here are some positives that it is a boy:

#1 My 2 boys are really, really sweet kids-at least I know how to make nice, sweet boys.
#2 My boys are pretty cute (I am biased, I know), who knows what my girl would look like.
#3 It will be cheaper (at least I have some boys clothes), I would probably go crazy buying everything if I had a girl.
#4 Well, I can't really think of anything else.

If anyone has any cute boys names, I would love to hear them. I haven't even thought about any up until now.

I am anxiously waiting to have my 20 week ultrasound to find out if he is healthy-because that IS the most important thing when everything is said and done. Really, after the health problems we have had with my other 2 kids, it will be a miracle for everything to go well this time. Right now, I am just stuck on gender, but I do know that that is the least of my concerns. :)

On a funny note, my mom and sister said that they would be a surragate mom for me for a future child-at least I know my mom can cook them longer than I can!

11 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so happy and sad for you at the same time! But you will definitely save tons of money and no hormones to deal with. That's a huge plus.

Jeppson Clan said...

Oh Michelle,
Is it cliche' to say "I know exactly how you feel?!" I went through the same emotions with Ridge. Last chance for a girl etc., but also my first ultra-sound said girl, so for a whole month I THOUGHT I was having a girl...then the next ultrasound said boy. Talk about up and down. I don't think I talked to anyone for about 3 days...
You are totally normal to feel the way you do. It takes some time to come to terms with, but now I can't imagine not having our little guy here. He definitely completes our family, just like your little guy will. Plus we will always be the queen of the house. :)
Keep on cookin' you're doing a great job!

Michelle said...

Oh Michelle!!! I, also, am so happy and so sad for you at the same time. But, wishing you the best for a healthy and happy little boy! Congratulations!!! One thing is for sure, you two definitely produce darling, handsome little boys!!! Ü

Emily Brimhall said...

I wanted to cry for you....and then laugh! I'm still feeling those mixed emotions of having yet another boy. I just have to keep reminding myself of the positives of having no girls (drama, going broke, pms, etc.) We'll have fun with our boys and in years to come when our husbands are out hunting with the kids we can go on widow weekend vacations together.

Jenny said...

I think I'm the mayor of this town. We can stick together and enjoy our beautiful boys. All 7 of them!

Meredith said...

Yes, you do make darling boys so keep on doing it! I could provide you with 3 very beautiful daughter in laws if you are interested in arranged marriages!!!!! Congratulations...having had 3 girls, and having several friends with all boys, (or all girls) some families get to bring balance to each other.

Two boy names I have heard recently that I like: Crew & Cruz. Do you need another P name? Preston, Porter, Paxton...

Shari said...

Having raised 5 kids 3 boys and 2 girls I would say in about 10-12 years you will be grateful-even though Tiffany was easy to raise I still say boys are easier!!!!! Besides someone has to supply the Snow family with mates for their girls! Congrats on another baby boy!!! Tiff's mom

Liz said...

It sounds like someone needs some chocolate and tissues!

I'll grab some at the store today, seriously!

liz

Jen and Kent said...

I am horrible with picking out names, so no help there but we are so excited for your new addition and hope that the rest of your pregnancy and delivery go well.

I am in town this weekend for a cousins wedding and would love to see you. I have to head back around Tue. I forgot to bring all your contact info. with me to get in touch with you guys. If you get a chance e-mail me and I'll see what you gals are up to. jen@jenco-tech.com

Danielle said...

It's seems like things happen for a reason...so maybe there's a reason why we don't choose if we're having a boy or girl. I bet he'll fit perfectly in your family.

Jocelyn said...

Hi Michelle! As you already know, I had the exact same shock you had... times two! They told me the first was a boy and I just laughed because I knew Ben would be happy, but I still KNEW the other one was a girl... WRONG AGAIN! What the heck? Seriously, I was supposed to have girls too... so I thought. It's true though... your boys are adorable so at least you know you make sweet ones. I also had the same dilemma with names... I had girl names going good and was almost completely decided on 4 girl names (first and middle) then I totally had to start on a list for boys... still trying to figure it out. I am more excited now that it's sunk in. Congrats though... your 3rd boy is going to be buds with the other two and they'll all have fun together! Plus, you look GREAT!