This past Sunday morning brought an unexpected, but pretty funny suprise to our house. We had fed the boys and had them occupied downstairs when Ben and I decided to have some "alone time" before church. Thinking that I didn't have to worry about my kids, we didn't lock our bedroom door (although it was only barely cracked open). Anyways, a little bit later, I thought I heard the front door close-I told Ben what I heard and thought it was probably Payton going outside for a minute-no big deal. About 10-15 seconds later, our bedroom door opened. Much to our surprise, in walks our 4 year old next door neighbor Carson with the Sunday newspaper.
Me: "OHHH!!! HI!!! Carson! Payton's downstairs okay!"
Carson: "I brought you your newspaper."
Me: "Ohhhhh!!!! Okay, thanks!!!! Payton's downstairs k!"
Carson: "But here's your newspaper," he said as he walks it over and hands it to me.
Me: "Okay, bye!"
Seriously, I have never laughed so hard! Luckily he wasn't traumitized because he didn't see anything. But really, I will never forget that moment. I guess the lesson in all of this is to lock your front door (because you may know what your kids are doing, but what about your neighbors kids)....or at least lock your bedroom door! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Yes, that would be my son at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. As you know, I am mortified! But it will make a great story for years to come!
Oh my gosh--you had time before church? :)
That is the best story, I can just see him doing that!
ha, ha, ha. gotta love the neighbor kids
kind of embarassing--but totally hilarious!
Did you tell him you were wrestling?
Funny story!
That's too funny!
I am just in shock that you had time before church. I barely have time to do my makeup:) You guys are hilarious!
Now that is a good story! I'm laughing my head off!
Post a Comment